- Navy Federal Credit Union reported it took in more than $2.7 million in real-time deposits on its first full day of real-time payments service on The Clearing House Payments Co.’s Real Time Payments (RTP) network.
- Shift4 Payments said it will process ticket and in-venue concession sales for the Baltimore Ravens National Football League team at the Ravens’ M&T Bank Stadium.
- Cantaloupe Inc., a payments processor for vending and other self-serve markets, launched two new data tools for vending operators, Seed Analytics and Seed Intelligence.
- TreviPay, a global provider of business-to-business payments, launched new technologies, including its all-in-one payment platform, which it says permits merchants to accept card, automated clearing house, mobile wallet, and buy now, pay later transactions.
- Losses to so-called authorized push payment scams will total $6.8 billion by 2027, registering an 11% compound average growth rate, according to research from ACI Worldwide and Global Data. The report covers activity in six geographic markets, including the United States. Such losses occur when fraudsters trick people online to make bank transfers.
- PickleJar Entertainment Group, a provider of payments technology for live-entertainment events, said it will incorporate identity-verification services from authID to control fraud.
- Bitcoin Depot launched its BDCheckout program at 325 retail locations in Georgia. The service, which works with InComm Payments to let users buy Bitcoin by generating a barcode and having it scanned by a store clerk, emerged last year and is now available at 725 retail locations in three states, including Iowa and Louisiana as well as Georgia.
- Treasury Prime, a banking software provider, said it will work with risk-management firm Effectiv in an effort to help banks and fintechs reduce the volume of fraudulent transactions.
Shift4 Payments Inc. went public in June 2020 after more than two decades as a …