- Grocery commerce provider Mercatus launched its SNAP EBT Online service that enables recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits to order and pay for groceries online.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp. said its Bread unit is licensing its payments technology to Royal Bank of Canada to support the bank’s PayPlan point-of-sale installment-lending service. Alliance Data closed on its acquisition of Bread in December.
- Also, Alliance Data said because of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, its 2020 revenue of $4.5 million decreased 19% from 2019’s $5.6 million total.
- Buy now, pay later specialist Splitit USA Inc. said its fourth-quarter transaction volume totaled $86.3 million, up 218% year-over-year.
- Openpay, an Australia-based buy now, pay later provider, said its U.S. operations, under the Opy moniker, are in advanced discussions with potential funding partners, payment processors, and merchants. It opened the U.S. office in December.
- Mercator Advisory Group released its “U.S. Bill Pay Market: Can Financial Institutions Win Back Payers?” report.
- Gift card and loyalty provider Factor4 LLC said its services are now integrated into NCR Corp.’s Silver and Counterpoint point-of-sale products.
- Fintech XTM Inc. said Earls Restaurants Ltd. will use XTM’s Today Mobile app and Mastercard Inc. instant payout services to pay earnings and gratuities for its employees. The company has 67 restaurants.
- American Express Co. announced Thomas Baltimore has been elected to its board of directors. Baltimore is chairman, chief executive, and president of Park Hotels & Resorts Inc.
- DipJar, a payments-technology firm founded last year to specialize in fundraising for nonprofits, said it has launched a redesigned Web site.
- Payments-technology developer Galileo Financial Technologies appointed former PayPal executive Archana Puri chief product officer. Social Finance Inc. acquired Galileo in June in a deal valued at $1.2 billion.
Seeking to provide online merchants with a lower-cost payment option and consumers a better user …