- In the week before and the week of Christmas, consumers markedly increased their use of mobile wallets, with mobile wallets loaded with a debit card increasing 79.2% from the same weeks a year ago, according to the Tracking Transaction Trends report from PSCU, a credit union service organization. Use of mobile wallets using credit cards increased 52.4% for the same period. PSCU counts Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay, LG Pay, and Samsung Pay in its report.
- Some 23% of small businesses have implemented contactless payments, with another 20% planning to do this year, according to a JPMorgan Chase & Co. cross-industry survey in November of more than 2,100 executives. Some 14% have shifted to a 100% e-commerce model, with another 12% planning to do so this year.
- Agilysys Inc., a provider of point-of-sale technology to the hospitality industry, said Win-River Resort & Casino has extended its relationship with the company by adopting mobile check-in/checkout and contactless ordering technology from Agilysys.
- American Express Co. launched a series of new offers for U.S. consumer, small-business, and cobrand card users. Offers include incentives for online spending, including a new deal allowing consumer Platinum card holders to earn up to $180 on statement credits on purchases at eligible merchants with PayPal. The offer is good through June 30.
- Payments provider BlueSnap released its list of payment predictions for 2021 that highlights the impact of contactless payments, the growth of installment payments, and how merchants will view lower-cost payment options.
- Ajuma Technologies Ltd., with dual headquarters in Boston and in Ghana, said it will launch its mobile app in West Africa early this year. The app connects persons needing a service with service and product providers, with Ajuma handling payments to service providers.
As consumers’ comfort level with online sports betting grows, a quick and frictionless payout of …