- Payments-technology provider Galileo Financial Technologies LLC announced an integration with data aggregator Plaid Inc. Through Plaid’s links to financial institutions, the tie-in will allow Galileo clients to more readily authorize users for automated clearing house transactions. Visa Inc. announced in January a deal to acquire Plaid for $5.3 billion. Social Finance Inc. (SoFi) agreed in April to acquire Galileo for $1.2 billion.
- EML Payments Ltd., a technology provider for disbursements, payouts, gifts and incentives, and rewards, said it has committed to increase digital-payments use to the point of eliminating 25 million plastic cards from circulation.
- UL announced MyPINPad has become the first company to be certified globally to the PCI Security Standards Council’s Contactless Payments on COTS (CPoC) Security and Testing Requirements for the company’s MyPINPad SoftPOS technology, which enables contactless transactions on off-the-shelf mobile devices.
- As sports begin to return to stadiums, payments provider Paysafe Group announced it will process contactless transactions for raffles managed by Sportech’s Bump 50:50 service using mobile point-of-sale devices from Handpoint.
- Enova International said it will acquire OnDeck, an online small-business lender, for approximately $90 million, of which $8 million will be paid in cash and the remainder in stock.
- Prove, formerly Payfone, said it acquired mobile authentication lines of business from Early Warning Services LLC that include the mobile-authentication business, Early Warning’s multifactor authentication service, and the Authentify business unit. Terms were not disclosed.
- Lightspeed introduced new features for its point-of-sale system that include mobile tap for curbside pick-up and contactless payment, a digital wallet for e-commerce transactions, and new data-analysis tools.
- Point-of-sale installment lender Sezzle Inc. appointed former PayPal Holdings Inc. executive Reid Bork vice president of enterprise sales, a newly created position.
- Data-science specialist Fair Isaac Corp. appointed Louise Lunn to run its newly launched Global Analytics Delivery organization. Lunn’s experience includes a partnership at Radar Risk Ltd., a credit-risk consultancy.
The Covid-19 pandemic has helped fuel consumer adoption of mobile-banking apps by 67% of retail …