- AppsFlyer, a marketing measurement platform, said e-commerce retail app installations increased 55% on Android devices and 32% on iOS devices in 2021 in its latest “State of eCommerce App Marketing” report. In-app spending is up 35% and could increase to 42% by November.
- Payments-technology provider GK Software said it has completed an installation for more than 280 Hy-Vee convenience stores in eight Midwestern states that includes alternative payments and EMV compliance at the pump.
- Payments provider PayNearMe announced it will provide digital deposit and payout services to customers of IGT PlaySports sports-betting platform. PayNearMe offers the service through its MoneyLine platform, launched Monday.
- Payments provider Nuvei Corp. said it will support deposits and payouts for PrizePicks, said to be the largest independently owned daily fantasy sports platform in North America.
- POSaBIT Systems Corp., a payments provider specializing in cannabis retailers, announced an integration with Alpine IQ, a data and marketing-services provider to the same industry.
- Payments provider Payrailz said its credit union service organization, CU Railz, received a $5.4 million investment from the Curql Fund, a venture capital firm.
- Working with Visa Inc. and two other companies, Conduent Transportation said it has installed a contactless payment system on three lines of Mexico City’s Metrobus system. The three lines serve almost 1 million passengers.
- Technology provider Retrace Labs Inc. launched a network to speed up patient and insurance-plan payments for dental offices.
- The ATM Industry Association created a new membership type for small and mid-size financial institutions.
- LawPay, a payments platform for the legal profession, announced it will process payments for the more than 330,000 members of the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International.
- Card manufacturer CPI Card Group Inc. named Armintore Schenkel its chief financial officer. Schenkel had led his own consulting business and held a senior finance position at The Western Union Co. John Lowe, CPI’s former CFO, was promoted to senior vice president and general manager of its Secure Card business.
The global shortage of semiconductor chips that’s plaguing the makers of point-of-sale terminals and other …