- A Discover Financial Services survey found that 68% of consumers said they will use contactless payments more to avoid touching public surfaces and 66% would use less cash because of the Covid-19 pandemic. The survey of 2,000 U.S. adults also found that 35% said they plan to spend less this holiday shopping season than they did last year.
- P97 Networks Inc. said its mobile-commerce infrastructure will support fuel payments within the Google Pay wallet at Shell stations and at Phillips 66 locations.
- Payments technology company NMI said the Verifone UX line of unattended payment devices received Chase Paymentech certification. Additional processor certifications are expected through the first quarter of 2021.
- Nacha, the governing authority for the nation’s automated clearing house network, has launched an ACH Rules for Corporates Resource Center to help businesses stay current with changes to ACH operating rules and to the ACH network.
- Payments-technology provider Epos Now launched Epos Now Order & Pay, an online-ordering and -payment platform for hospitality venues.
- Seattle Bank said it will offer a Plex account in the newly revamped Google Pay app.
- The ATM Industry Association (ATMIA) introduced a certification system for a new generation of ATMs that, among other things, are integrated with mobile phones.
- Bluefin Payment Systems LLC announced enhancements to its PayConex for Salesforce integrated platform, including support for contactless payments on PAX devices.
- Veem, a provider of technology for online payments, launched Veem Check, which the company says allows U.S. businesses to process domestic supplier payments “within minutes.”
- Technology provider Kind Financial launched KindPay, a closed-loop mobile-payment app backed by Herring Bank. Users fund the wallet with a credit or debit card and can use it a participating merchants across the country.
- Sweden-based buy now, pay later lender Klarna AB has expanded its in-store acceptance to more than 60,000 merchants in the United States. The company announced earlier its U.S. user count had reached 11 million.
- Forter Inc., a fraud-prevention company specializing in e-commerce, raised $125 million in a Series E funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Felix Capital, and Itai Tsiddon.
- Bitcoin exchange Bitcoin.com announced a Franck Muller-branded wristwatch that allows users to store Bitcoin.
NCR Corp. entered into a definitive agreement Monday to acquire ATM network operator Cardtronics plc …