- Encryption specialist Bluefin Payment Systems said it will provide encryption services to clients of payments provider Accepta LLC.
- A report from processor Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS) found 25 real-time payments systems in operation globally, up from 19 last year and more than twice the number in 2013. Another 11 programs are under development, up from five in 2016, the report says.
- Visa Inc. announced the launch of Visa Direct, its real-time payments platform, in Europe. Visa is working with processor Worldpay to make the service available to merchants in Europe.
- Gift retailer Harry & David added Apple Pay and PayPal as mobile-payment acceptance methods.
- U.S. Bancorp’s U.S. Bank announced its new Disbursements via Zelle service that enables its corporate customers to send electronic payments to consumers using only their mobile-phone number or an email address via the Zelle person-to-person payment service; the service is aimed at displacing paper checks for corporate payments to individuals.
- Point-of-sale terminal maker VeriFone Systems Inc. announced it is using Mastercard Inc.’s M/Chip Fast EMV technology in its devices. M/Chip Fast is designed to expedite the EMV transaction process.
- Prepaid card specialist Blackhawk Network Holdings Inc. said its contract with The Kroger Co. to provide in-store and digital gift-card services was renewed for an unspecified term.
- EMVCo, the international standards body behind EMV, publicly released what it calls a “framework” for secure exchange of card data in remote channels. The paper is called “EMV Secure Remote Commerce (SRC) – Technical Framework version 1.0.”
- Research firm Grand View Research Inc. forecasted the global contactless payments market will reach $2.33 trillion in transaction value by 2025, with North America expected to be a key regional player primarily because of the increasing deployment of cloud-based contactless payment technologies.
It was a rough 2018 for leading ATM network operator Cardtronics plc, but the company’s …