- Food-ordering and delivery provider Waitr Holdings Inc. said it has entered into a non-binding letter of intent to acquire Retail Innovation Labs Inc., known as Cova, a provider of point-of-sale software for cannabis dispensaries. The deal calls for a price of $90 million in cash and stock.
- Agilysys Inc., a provider of payments and management software for the hospitality industry, has agreed to acquire ResortSuite, a provider of property-management software. The $25-million deal is expected to close in early January.
- EVO Payments Inc., a U.S.-based payments provider with major interests in Europe, said it has entered into a long-term merchant-acquiring and processing joint venture with the National Bank of Greece.
- The big banking firm HSBC and IBM Corp. announced they have successfully tested a token and digital wallet settlement function involving direct transactions between two central bank digital currencies in a hybrid cloud system. The project was initiated by Banque de France.
- Digital-asset platform Bakkt Holdings Inc. announced BringMeThat.com, a food-delivery service, will integrate Bakkt as a payment option in its Web and mobile services.
- Mastercard Inc. said 56% of consumers intend to prioritize online shopping this holiday season. And 63% are more likely to buy a gift card or prepaid card rather than a physical or experiential gift this year. Mastercard surveyed 4,000 adults across the United States and Canada.
- A Visa Inc. survey found that 23% of U.S. consumers have sent money from the United States to another country and 65% of them plan to do so during the holiday season. Fifty-nine percent of those who send money abroad plan to use a purely digital platform for the remittance.
- Affirm Inc. announced it has signed the arts-and-crafts chain Michaels as a client for BNPL services.
- Payments-services provider CheckAlt named Rachel Book its chief people officer. Her experience includes stints at Stryker, Fidelity Investments, and Bloomberg LP. It also filled four other positions.
SpotOn, a payments-technology provider serving restaurants and retailers, raised $300 million in a Series F …