- Visa Inc. said starting Jan. 21 merchants using Visa Checkout will transition to the card brand’s Secure Remote Commerce service. Visa says consumers that have enabled their cards with the service no longer will have to enter the primary account number for compliant transactions. The experience also is compatible with industry tokenization and 3-D Secure specifications. In related news, Visa said it is set to process $1 trillion in e-commerce transactions tokenized. The Visa Token Service launched in 2015.
- Installment-payments provider Klarna Bank AB said it is making its buy now, pay later services available in stores at some U.S. retailers, including Good American and Planet Blue. Klarna also said retailer H&M will offer the Klarna Pay Later service to consumers who join the H&M loyalty program when they shop using the H&M app.
- Ingenico Group said it has integrated Apple Pay support for loyalty programs into its services. When consumers make an Apple Pay payment at an eligible Ingenico POS terminal the transaction also can automatically present the merchant’s loyalty card, gift card, coupon, or tickets that are stored in the Apple Wallet.
- CardFlight Inc. announced First American Payment Systems LP is now selling CardFlight’s SwipeSimple suite of products that includes PAX Technology POS terminals, a dashboard, and a mobile app.
- Paysafe Group launched Cloud SDK from Handpoint. The service enables independent software vendors with cloud-based platforms to integrate Paysafe payment acceptance. Handpoint specializes in integrated payments point-of-sale device development.
- MagTek Inc. said the HP Engage One Prime Android terminal from HP Inc., and developed with nClose Inc., a POS component maker, uses MagTek’s eDynamo card-reader technology.
- Point-of-sale equipment maker Star Micronics released SteadyLan, a networking service to connect its devices and services with one Lightning cable connection. Lightning is Apple Inc.’s proprietary technology.
- Authentication-services provider Nok Nok Labs said it will provide bank BBVA with authentication services, including the ability to implement FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) standards in its mobile-banking services.
- Data-breach advisory firm Breach Clarity Inc. launched the Breach Clarity Score that analyzes more than 1,100 data points to assess the risks stemming from a breach. The firm also added five individuals to its advisory board.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. said its merchant-services unit processed $402.9 billion in payment volume in the fourth quarter, up 7% year-over-year. For all of 2019, Chase processed $1.51 trillion in volume, an 11% increase from $1.37 trillion in 2018.
- ControlScan Inc. said it is now listed as a Payment Application Qualified Security Assessor with the PCI Security Standards Council.
- Wells Fargo & Co. reported debit card purchase volume of $95.2 billion in the fourth quarter, up 6% year-over-year.
- Accounts-receivable specialist Biller Genie named Garima Shah president. Shah’s experience includes positions at Priority Payment Systems, Direct Connect, and Century Payments.
North American shoppers are notorious for their devotion to plastic. Credit cards remain the leading …