- Samsung Electronics launched Samsung Wallet for its Galaxy line of mobile devices. The new application allows users to store payment cards as well as digital keys, boarding passes, ID cards, and other credentials. Later in the year, the wallet will support driver’s licenses and student IDs. Samsung Pay users can upgrade to the wallet by following prompts.
- Payments provider Nuvei Corp. said it has integrated machine-learning technology into a new risk engine for its account-to-account payment service, Instant Bank Transfer.
- Mr Greens, a produce distributor for restaurants, hotels, caterers, and others, launched a capability for mobile and Web ordering, supported by Pepper, which provides e-commerce platforms tailored for food wholesalers.
- Circle Internet Financial LLC said it will issue on June 30 a stablecoin pegged to the euro. The new stablecoin will be called Euro Coin. Circle is the issuer of the USD Coin stablecoin linked to the U.S. dollar.
- Point-of-sale technology maker MagTek Inc. said its unattended payment device, the DynaFlex Pro Kiosk, can now be paired with software from Internet Soft, a software developer. The combo targets quick serve restaurants that may have staffing issues.
- Vesta Corp., a provider of online-fraud prevention technology, named Hrishi Talwar chief product officer. Talwar comes to the company from Equifax Inc.
The expansion of buy now, pay later payment options in the travel industry continued with …