- Payroc WorldAccess LLC said it acquired East Commerce Solutions, a merchant service provider, which has more than $2 billion in annual processing volume. Terms were not disclosed.
- NCR Corp. said it has closed on its acquisition of LibertyX, a provider of software for cryptocurrency transactions at ATMs and on various payment-acceptance devices. LibertyX already works with the Cardtronics ATM network, owned by NCR. Terms of the transaction, which was announced in August, were not disclosed.
- Visa Inc.’s U.S. Spending Momentum Index for December registered 108.4, seasonally adjusted, and 110.3 for the final quarter of the year. Readings above 100 indicate rising momentum for consumer spending; readings below 100 show a weakening momentum.
- Jack Dorsey, Block Inc. chief executive, chairman, and cofounder, announced in a Twitter post that the parent company of Square Inc. will build an open Bitcoin mining system.
- Payments provider Nuvei Corp. said it will process payments for merchants using cloud-based Website-building technology from Wix.com Ltd.
- Elo, a maker of Android-based interactive devices, launched its Elo M60 Pay device, a handheld payment-acceptance terminal.
- Open4Sale launched what it says is the first app for merchants to enable video shopping, including payments, on channels such as YouTube.
- CariWebs, a digital commerce agency, said it and First Atlantic Commerce, a payment gateway, launched payment integration options for merchants that use WooCommerce Web sites.
Add Las Vegas’s T-Mobile Arena to Shift4 Payments Inc.’s growing list of sports and entertainment …