- Nacha, the governing body for the automated clearing house system, said the ACH network processed 7.3 billion payments in the second quarter, a 10% increase from 6.6 billion payments in the same period a year ago. Particularly strong growth in business-to-business payment volume helped boost the result. Nacha said that volume was up 28.7% to 1.3 billion payments from last year.
- Buy now, pay later payments provider Klarna AB announced it has acquired APPRL, a platform provider for retailers looking to display merchandise online globally. Terms were not announced. The deal follows by two weeks Klarna’s move to buy social-shopping service provider Hero Towers Ltd. for a reported $160 million.
- Fintech Fly Now Pay Later said it is working with ChargeAfter, a global network that offers BNPL and point-of-sale financing for merchants, to expand its reach among consumers.
- Online checkout provider Fast launched Fast Donate, a checkout service that waives all card processing fees for online donations to nonprofit organizations.
- Mastercard Inc. added a cryptocurrency and blockchain track to its Start Path program for startups. It announced the seven initial participants on the track, too.
- Payfare Inc. announced it has received a Visa Ready certification, giving the company access to Visa Inc.’s partner network, along with marketing support. Payfare offers instant payout and digital-banking support for contract workers.
- Global payment network SWIFT debuted SWIFT Go, a low-value cross-border payments service aimed at small businesses and consumers. Seven banks, including the Bank of New York Mellon, are using the service.
- Paysafe Ltd. said Parx Interactive, a gaming company, is using its payment services.
- Parking-app provider ParkMobile LLC announced that chief marketing officer Jeff Perkins will succeed Jon Ziglar as chief executive, effective Aug. 14. Ziglar will remain on the company’s board of directors and serve as an advisor to EasyPark Group, which this spring acquired ParkMobile.
With real-time payments perhaps on the cusp of becoming an essential payment service, Navy Federal …