- Consumers continue to show affinity for using mobile wallets for payments with debit-based mobile wallet use growing at 59.6% for the week ending Jan. 31, compared to the week ending Feb. 2, 2020, according to the PSCU Tracking Transaction Trends report. Credit-based mobile wallet use was up 35.7%. The results include the six mobile wallets—Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay, LG Pay, and Samsung Pay—supported by PSCU, a credit union service organization.
- Shopify Inc. expanded its Shop Pay service to Facebook and Instagram. Shop Pay pre-populates consumer details when they shop on either of the social media platforms.
- Digital River Inc. added PayPal Holdings Inc.’s Pay in 4 installment option for purchases between $30 and $600. It also offers PayPal Credit.
- Credit-reporting firm Equifax Inc. announced it has acquired AccountScore Holdings Ltd., a transaction-data analytics company, to buttress its open-banking technology. The deal will allow Equifax to combine credit-bureau information with bank transaction data. Terms were not announced.
- F1 Payments LP added payments and fintech veterans Ramón Martín, O.B. Rawls, and Andy Sessions as independent members of its board of directors.
- CPI Card Group inc. said it has delivered 25 million of its Second Wave dual-interface EMV-compliant cards since the product’s 2019 launch.
- Midigator LLC said it has released updates to its DisputeFlow chargeback-resolution platform. The enhancements include updates that ease integration of the platform into existing chargeback workflows.
- Email security provider Vade Secure released the 2020 edition of its phishing report that found Microsoft Corp., for the third consecutive year, was the most impersonated brand, followed by Facebook Inc., and PayPal. Chase and eBay Inc. rounded out the top five.
- Cryptocurrency derivatives exchange OKEx said it has integrated blockchain domains from Unstoppable Domains, allowing OKEx wallet users to simplify receipt of payments by entering a domain name rather than a lengthy combination of characters.
- Transmit Security, a digital identity services provider, said it joined the board of the FIDO Alliance, a standards organization working to reduce reliance on passwords.
- VizyPay LLC appointed Dang Saengchanpheng as director of fintech development and data analytics, a new position at the independent sales organization. Prior to this position, Saengchanpheng was an analytics consultant for Wells Fargo & Co.
The drive to encourage consumers to use cryptocurrency to pay for transactions at the point-of-sale …