- Total credit and debit card dollar volume for Bank of America Corp. increased 9% in May year-over-year, with credit card volume up 16% and debit volume up 9%, the Bank of America Institute reported.
- A research report from Aite-Novarica finds what the report calls “excessively high rates” of identity theft, which the report says has shifted back to consumer financial services from a previous focus on government stimulus payments. Some 25% of U.S. consumers 55 or older were affected by identity theft in 2021, up dramatically from 12% in 2020. The report was commissioned by anti-fraud technology company Giact.
- Payoneer, a commerce technology company, said it and Fiserv Inc. are in a deal to enable businesses to access Payoneer’s payouts platform via Fiserv’s Carat operating system. Payoneer said this deal will enable payout delivery across the globe.
- Blackhawk Networks, a prepaid payments platform, said it and LibertyX, a Bitcoin ATM, cashiers, and kiosk operator that is a unit of NCR Corp., launched a service to enable consumers to purchase Bitcoin using their LibertyX accounts at participating U.S. merchants.
- U.S.-based blockchain firm Ripple said it will support cryptocurrency acceptance in-store and online for Berlin-based luxury retailer Lunu.
- Private-equity firm One Equity Partners has agreed to acquire the corporate online banking solutions unit of ACI Worldwide Inc. for $100 million in cash. Once the deal settles, the unit will operate under the name Dragonfly Financial Technologies. Terms were not disclosed.
- In related news, ACI launched ACI Smart Engage, a platform that allows merchants to use location, voice, and image-recognition technology to show inventory on consumers’ smart phones.
- The card-issuing fintech Marqeta said it will integrate its services with The Western Union Co.’s real-time digital-wallet and digital-banking platform in Europe, enabling Western Union remittances to be processed online, with funds credited to a Visa card.
- Trust Payments will work with Feedzai to offer cloud-based risk-management services to Trust Payments customers.
- Payanywhere, a North American Bancard payments platform, is sponsoring the June $4,000 Growth Grant awarded by the National Association of the Self-Employed, the trade group announced.
The drive to encourage consumers to use cryptocurrency to pay for transactions at the point-of-sale …