- Point-of-sale technology provider Adyen NV has added Tap to Pay on Android, which allows merchants to accept contactless card payments directly on a mobile device with no additional hardware. Adyen is adding the technology initially in the United States and Singapore.
- Checkout.com launched Identity Verification, a tool based on artificial intelligence that allows businesses to verify customer identities based on what the company says are billions of identity and facial-recognition documents.
- Payments processor Pismo said it will support payments for a new Mastercard credit card set to debut in September from the Australian company Grow. Visa Inc. last month announced it will acquire Pismo for $1 billion.
- A startup called Ivy, a United Kingdom-based developer of real-time pay-by-bank technology, secured $7.7 million in a seed round led by Creandum. Ivy’s application programming interface is available in the United States as well as Europe, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
- A report from Justt, a chargeback-mitigation provider, indicates more than 75% of surveyed respondents in the United States and United Kingdom filed at least one credit card dispute in the year through May, a 32-percentage-point year-over-year rise in the U.K. and a 12-point increase in the U.S. The company received responses from more than 1,000 consumers in each country.
- Prepaid card platform Blackhawk Network will issue digital gift cards in the United States and Canada in an expanded partnership with Recharge.com, which Blackhawk works with in Europe.
- Online fraud prevention provider Signifyd announced its inaugural Product Advisory Board consisting of nine executives from various online retailers.
- RentRedi, a mobile app for rent payments, has added a capability for landlords to create their own pre-qualification and application processes.
- The U.S. card-issuing platform Marqeta Inc. is expanding into Brazil in a partnership with Fitbank, a Latin American banking-as-a-service platform. With the move, Marqeta will operate in more than 40 countries.
- SmarterCommerce, an enterprise payment processing provider, said it achieved PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider certification for its SmarterCommerce Payment Cloud.
Shift4 Payments Inc. went public in June 2020 after more than two decades as a …