- ACI Worldwide Inc. said it will work with Microsoft Corp. to make its Real-Time Payments Cloud available in Microsoft Azure, enabling financial institutions access to The Clearing House Payments Co. LLC’s Real Time Payments network and the Federal Reserve’s FedNow real-time payments service.
- Treasury Prime, an embedded-banking technology provider, said it will work with real-time payments technology platform Astra to provide Treasury Prime customers immediate account funding and disbursements via push-to-card transfers.
- Point-of-sale and e-commerce technology provider Verifone launched the latest release of what it calls its monetization platform for online sellers, featuring improvements to various functions, including ordering engines, tools for subscription payments, and reporting.
- Fiserv Inc. said it is supplying technology to Lloyds Bank to enable U.K. and European merchants to offer dynamic currency conversion on card transactions using wholesale foreign exchange rates. U.K. merchants will use Lloyds Bank Cardnet for processing and European merchants will use Fiserv’s Carat platform.
- Visa Inc. announced an agreement with the international network Swift to use Swift technology that can boost the speed and certainty of cross-border business-to-business payments. The agreement will increase routing options for financial institutions on both networks, the parties said.
- Mastercard Inc. will work with Oracle Corp. on automation of business-to-business payments, the companies announced.
- Payoneer said it is “extending and expanding” its relationship with Airbnb to process payments in additional countries. The additional markets were not named. The Airbnb platform allows owners to collect short-term rental payments for stays in their properties.
- The median price of a burger increased 6.96% in the first quarter from the same period a year ago, found a new report from Lightspeed Commerce Inc.
- U.S. retail sales, excluding the automotive category, will rise 3.7% year-over-year in the Nov. 1 through Dec. 24 holiday season, according to a projection from Mastercard’s SpendingPulse platform.
- Of some 313 patents granted to Bank of America Corp. in the first half of the year, 7% concerned payments technology and 6% were related to blockchain, said the bank, which added it now has been awarded more than 6,100 active patents and applications all told.
Shift4 Payments Inc. announced Thursday it is integrating Amazon.com Inc.’s Just Walk Out technology into …