- EMVCo reported the number of EMV chip cards in circulation globally has grown by 1.1 billion over the past year to a total of 12 billion. Some 68% of all cards issued are now EMV-enabled and 90% of all card-present transactions use EMV chip technology, according to the global standards body.
- Paysafe Ltd. said that although embedded finance is said to be a hot payments trend, research it has commissioned shows 49% of consumers have never heard of the term and another 23% don’t know what it means. Paysafe’s research included 11,000 consumers in Europe, North America, and Latin America.
- Some 85% of retail executives expect digital-currency payments will be “ubiquitous” within their industries within five years, according to a survey of 2,000 senior U.S. retail executives by consulting firm Deloitte. The survey was conducted in December, with results announced Wednesday.
- U.S.-based payments provider Yapstone is expanding its operations in Brazil and Argentina.
- U.S.-based NMI said Scheidt & Bachmann, a systems provider for mobility, added another NMI payment service for parking pay stations across the United Kingdom.
- Gift card and loyalty provider Factor4 LLC said payments provider Talus Pay will offer its services to Talus Pay merchants.
- Buy now, pay later provider Afterpay said HBX, the e-commerce platform of contemporary culture and lifestyle platform Hypebeast, added its BNPL service as a payment option.
- BitPay, a payments service based on cryptocurrency, said wallet provider Edge has adopted its payment protocol to allow Edge users to spend crypto in-store and online.
- Sila, a provider of application programming interfaces for automated clearing house payments, has been named a preferred partner for ACH Enablement and Payments by Nacha, the governing body for the ACH.
- The Accredited Standards Committee X9 Inc. announced its intent to develop a standard for Quick Response code management and security, including associated cryptographic key management, for use within financial services.
In response to consumers’ growing concerns over the security and management of their personal data …