- Payments provider Fattmerchant launched an online-reviews integration feature, which provides merchants the ability to view and respond to reviews, such as those on Google, within the Fattmerchant platform.
- Aiming at hourly workers, a startup called Branch launched a free digital checking account and a debit card through Evolve Bank & Trust and Mastercard Inc.
- Cybersecurity firm GM Security Technologies said it is working with Visa Inc. in the Caribbean and Latin America to educate merchants, acquirers, and issuers about payment security, including validation solutions for the Payment Card Industry data-security standard.
- UATP, a payments processor for airlines, said it will work with online payment provider Ebanx to process payments for airlines with routes in Latin America.
- Mercator Advisory Group released its “Small Business Payments Acceptance: More Payment Options Creeping In” report that found 70% of small businesses get merchant services from their primary banks.
Amazon.com Inc.’s ambitions now include devices that could authenticate payments by scanning the palm of …