- The Zelle peer-to-peer payment network processed $120 billion on 436 million transactions in the second quarter, up 58% and 68%, respectively, year-over-year, according to network operator Early Warning Services LLC.
- Card-present transactions at small businesses are up 83% over the pre-Covid baseline of March 2020, according to the latest CardFlight Small Business Report. The report is based on data from transactions processed by more than 75,000 small businesses.
- Organizations in the United States sustained an average of 443 cyberattacks weekly in the first half of the year, up 17% from the same period in 2020, according to a report from Check Point Research, a unit of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Ransomware attacks increased 93% globally, the report indicates
- Repay Holdings Corp. said its payment services are now integrated with Provana, a platform for credit and collections process management.
- Private-label card issuer Alliance Data Systems Corp. reported second-quarter volume in its Card Services unit rose 54% year-over-year to $7.4 billion.
- Riskified Ltd., an e-commerce fraud-prevention platform, priced its Class A ordinary shares at $21 for its anticipated initial public offering. A total of 17.5 million shares are expected to be sold and the closing is expected Aug. 2.
- Online marketplace eBay Inc. now supports Apple Pay on its desktop Web site, reported Appleinsider.com.
- Cross-border payments specialist Revolut Ltd. announced the opening of a remittance service between the United States and Mexico.
- Nuvei Corp. said is has integrated Alipay’s Alipay+ cross-border payment and merchant marketing service. This will enable Nuvei merchants to connect with more than 1.2 billion potential customers in the Asia-Pacific region, Nuvei said.
- Payments provider PayU said it is using Visa Direct to enable real-time push payments for its clients using PayU Card Push, a new service.
The risk of being defrauded by online sellers is a major concern for consumers this …