- Walmart Inc. has joined Paymentus Corp.‘s Instant Payment Network for bills paid in Walmart stores. Other users of the network are Amazon.com Inc. and PayPal Holdings Inc.
- Modern Treasury, a startup payments-technology provider, said clients reconciled more than $100 million on its platform in August, with volume growing at a compound monthly rate of 25%. More than 5% of the August volume was initiated on the Real Time Payments rails from The Clearing House Payments Co. LLC.
- E-commerce technology provider SureDone Inc. said it is extending its relationship with Facebook Inc. by supporting order management and other functions for Checkout on Instagram.
- Fast AF Inc., a provider of online log-in and checkout technology, launched Fast Checkout, which it says allows users to complete online transactions in less than one second.
- Online payments processor Checkbook.io said it has joined Visa Inc.’s Fintech Fast Track program, which accelerates integration with the Visa network.
- Payments technology provider Lightspeed POS Inc. announced it has appointed Merline Saintil to its board of directors. Santil was formerly head of operations, product, and technology in the office of the chief technology officer at Intuit Inc.
- Parking-payment app provider ParkMobile LLC said its service has been added by the Village of Nyack, N.Y., to work with more than 800 metered on-street spaces and in meters for off-street spaces throughout the town.
Discover Financial Services reported mixed results Thursday for the fourth quarter of 2020. Despite a …