- Visa Inc. has agreed to acquire YellowPepper USA Inc., whose technology supports financial institutions in Latin America and the Caribbean in launching cards and other financial services. Terms of the transaction, which is expected to close in the next few weeks, were not announced.
- Celero Commerce said it will acquire TransNational Payments. Celero said it now services approximately 40,000 merchants and 150 financial institutions. It processes more than $14 billion in annual card volume following the acquisition. Terms were not disclosed.
- Euronet Worldwide Inc. said its money transfer segment had revenues of $323.1 million in the third quarter on 30.9 million transactions. That compares to revenue of $280.8 million and 29.3 million transactions in the year-ago quarter. Euronet also said it operated 43,956 ATMs as of Sept. 30, a 7% decrease from 47,209 last year. Temporary closure because of Covid-19 of approximately 3,500 European ATMs were one factor in that decrease.
- Commerce platform Shopify launched a TikTok channel for Shopify that enables merchants to create and connect their TikTok for Business accounts and deploy in-feed shoppable video ads directly within Shopify. TikTok is a short-form video service.
- Fintech Jassby Inc. introduced the Jassby Virtual Debit Card, a Mastercard-branded product for parents to assign to children. Users can spend funds in the proprietary Jassby Shop or anywhere contactless payments are accepted via mobile devices.
- Credit union service organization PSCU said it will use FICO Customer Communication Services as part of a fraud detection service for its credit union members.
- Buy now, pay later payments provider Afterpay Ltd. said it added approximately 12,500 new U.S. customers in its fiscal first quarter ended Sept. 30 with total active customers reaching 6.5 million. Afterpay also introduced its in-store payment service for U.S. retailers in the quarter.
- Payments provider InComm Payments announced processing and technology investments in its facilities in Atlanta and Columbus, Ga., in cooperation with the Georgia Department of Economic Development.
- Payments platform PayCertify Inc. named Tim Murphy chief operating officer. Murphy’s experience includes stints at PayPal Holdings Inc., eBay Inc., and Visa Inc.
- Online fraud prevention firm Forter and payments provider FreedomPay established a joint network for online merchants and banks to instantaneously block fraud and enable legitimate customers to operate freely.
- Authvia Inc., a provider of payments via text, social media, chat, and email, said it is working with field-service technology provider WorkWave LLC to integrate SMS payments into WorkWave PestPac, software used by pest-control companies.
- Brazil-based private-label card issuer Afinz has chosen FIS Inc. for processing, FIS announced.
The future of digital payments is being created now with the adoption of contactless payments, …