- As small businesses prepare for the holiday shopping season in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, Visa Inc. announced it is launching programs and resources to support their efforts, including so-called Visa Street Teams that visit stores to provide point-of-sale materials to support contactless payments.
- In related news, Visa said 60% of U.S. consumers intend to do half or more of their winter holiday shopping at local retailers. The Visa Back to Business study surveyed 1,000 U.S. adults in June.
- Cardknox Development Inc. announced online merchants that integrate with its gateway can support Apple Pay transactions.
- Usio Inc. said its prepaid card-issuing platform will power relief fund distribution managed by nonprofit 4-CT and the United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut.
- Purdue Federal Credit Union announced it has selected payments services from Payrailz, a payments provider for financial institutions.
- Payments providers KyckGlobal Inc. and Cambridge Global Payments have partnered to support wire transfers and cross-border automated clearing house payments from the United States to more than 200 countries. Cambridge Global is a unit of business-to-business payments processor Fleetcor Technologies Inc.
- Payments technology provider Financial Software & Systems Pvt. Ltd., or FSS, said Everlink Payment Services Inc. selected the FSS Unified Card Management System to update its card operations. Everlink serves Canadian credit unions, banks, and small and mid-size businesses.
Strange times. Seemingly overnight, one of the most durable and heavily weighted key performance indicators …