- Visa Inc. has invested an undisclosed sum in Lisnr Inc., an 8-year-old startup whose technology enables mobile payments via sound waves. The fresh investment follows an initial funding Visa made in the company a year ago.
- Century Business Solutions said its EBizCharge payment service is certified for the Sage Intacct Marketplace to be used with Sage accounting software.
- Buy now, pay later provider Affirm Inc. said Inntopia, an e-commerce and marketing platform for the travel industry, will offer Affirm’s installment payment option.
- Payments provider Flywire released its “Bouncing Back 2021 Playbook: Tips, Trends, and Strategies for Resilient Travel Companies” that includes suggestions on digitizing payments.
- Shopping.io launched a gateway that enables consumers to use cryptocurrency to make purchases from major e-commerce platforms.
- Ticketmaster UK has been fined the equivalent of $1.65 million by Britain’s Information Commissioner’s Office in the wake of a cyberattack on the Ticketmaster site in 2018. Ticketmaster said it will appeal the ruling.
The future of digital payments is being created now with the adoption of contactless payments, …