- The big processor FIS Inc. may be a possible acquisition target of Visa Inc., according to news reports that emerged last week. The card network reportedly was eyeing FIS before the processor announced last month it would spin off its Worldpay processing unit but might still bid to acquire all or part of the publicly held company, according to reports.
- Digital services provider Wix.com Ltd. said it now offers Tap to Pay on iPhone via its Stripe Inc. partnership. Wix merchants will be able to accept contactless payments directly on their iPhones.
- Fiserv Inc.’s Carat technology platform launched a fraud-mitigation tool aimed at large enterprises. The tool can be customized according to a merchant’s willingness to take on risk.
- Applied Factors, maker of applied data protection software, released updates to its Bank Card Security System software that include new features for hardware security module transactions and more deployment options.
- F5, a transaction-security firm, said it is working with Visa to use artificial intelligence and behavior analytics in an effort to reduce log-in friction by recognizing returning customers.
- Cryptocurrency platform Coinbase Global Inc. said it will work with security-education firm ACAMS to train more than 60 Coinbase employees in a Certified Cryptoasset Anti-Financial Crime Specialist program.
- The U.S. Secret Service said three individuals and a business, known as Bitcoin of America, which operates crypto kiosks, were indicted on several charges including engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, conspiracy, and license requirement violation. The investigation found that there were involved in owning and operating cryptocurrency kiosks illegally in Northeast Ohio.
A2A Payments A Growing Force In Payments
Account-to-account payments is becoming a growing force in the payments landscape, totaling $525 billion in …