- The China-based payments network UnionPay International said it now links to more than 28 million merchants outside China, with 2 million having been added in the first half of 2019. The company also said 80% of U.S. merchants now accept UnionPay credit cards.
- Visa Inc. said its B2B Connect network now processes cross-border corporate payments through 62 trade corridors, up from 30 when it launched in June. Also, Infosys, a provider of digital services and consulting, has agreed to enable access to B2B Connect for client financial institutions globally.
- Conduent Inc. announced users of its ExpertPay platform can now make child-support payments from their PayPal accounts in all 50 states.
- Merchant payments provider International Bancard announced it is partnering with Epos Now to offer cloud-based point-of-sale technology to retail and restaurant clients.
- Brex, which creates corporate card and rewards programs tailored to specific industries, said it will tighten its commitment to protecting customer data with two new hires: Shruti Gupta as director of engineering and Whitney Merrill as privacy and data counsel.
In the face of multiple defections so far, Facebook Inc.’s controversial cryptocurrency project scored a …