- Payments technology provider Tappit said it is providing its white label, touchless mobile payment service to Learfield IMG College, a media and technology services company in intercollegiate athletics. Learfield will offer the service to university athletic departments that can integrate the service into their mobile apps.
- Payments provider Rev19 LLC, founded in 2017, has rebranded as Agile Financial Systems.
- Buy now, pay later specialist Zip Co Ltd. has agreed to acquire two rival companies, Twisto Payments a.s. in Europe and Spotii Holdings Ltd. in the United Arab Emirates. For Twisto, Zip is paying approximately $140 million for the shares it does not already own; for Spotii, $21 million, again for shares it doesn’t already own. The former deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter; the latter, in the third.
- SoftTouch POS & Payments said PayPal and Venmo QR-code acceptance is now integrated into its SoftTouch POS, SoftTouch POS Pay, and SoftTouch POS mobile app.
- Former Acculynk and Mastercard executive Ulrike Guigui has been named head of payments strategy at Wells Fargo & Co. Guigui comes to the company from Deloitte Consulting LLP, where she was head of the firm’s payments practice.
- Fintech platform Payment Approved Technologies LLC named Bump Verde its chief technology officer. Verde’s experience includes a stint at PayPal Holdings Inc. in various executive positions.
With more and more hourly wage workers needing access to their earnings sooner than the …