- Shift4 Payments Inc. will provide tokenization, gateway, and end-to-end payment processing for a digital-commerce platform from Sionic Mobile Corp., according to a joint announcement from the companies. The initial focus is on restaurants, including services for online ordering and existing mobile payment and loyalty apps.
- Fiserv Inc. announced that starting Tuesday consumers with Alexa-enabled cars or with the Alexa app on smart phones can pay for gas with voice commands at 11,500 Exxon and Mobil stations through a partnership with Amazon.com Inc. and Exxon Mobil Corp.
- Sound Payments Inc. said it is working with Freedom Electronics, a provider of parts for fuel dispensers and other equipment, to create a retrofit option that would bring EMV to gas pumps at more than 35,000 U.S. locations.
- PNC Bank’s treasury-management unit has added a push-to-debit card option, called Direct to Debit Card, to allow businesses to send payments to consumers via an eligible card. The service relies on Visa Inc.’s Visa Direct service.
- Prepaid card technology provider InComm will allow consumers using the challenger bank Current to make cash deposits to their accounts at retail chains across the country. The service relies on InComm’s VanillaDirect network of some 60,000 retail locations.
- Global Payments Inc. said its TSYS unit has renewed an agreement with Wells Fargo & Co. to process for the bank’s commercial card portfolio.
- American Express Co. will add its Pay Over Time service to its Green, Gold, and Platinum business cards at the start of the November billing cycle for both new and existing cardholders. The option will let business owners carry a balance on purchases of $100 or more.
- Payments-technology provider PCI Pal said it has formed its first advisory committee, with former Barclaycard and Banco Santander executive Neira Jones as its first member.
- Payments provider Spreedly Inc. added technology-industry veteran Lee Kirkpatrick to its board of directors. Kirkpatrick most recently was chief financial officer at Twilio Inc.
- Cybersecurity firm Coalfire said it has been appointed to a second term on the PCI Security Standards Council’s global executive assessor roundtable.
Discover Financial Services reported mixed results Thursday for the fourth quarter of 2020. Despite a …