- Quebec-based Desjardins Group said the former employee suspected of orchestrating a massive data breach that affected 4.2 million members of the big credit-union federation also had access to the personal information of a further 1.8 million credit card holders who are not Desjardins members, the CBC reported.
- ACI Worldwide released the latest version of its bill-payment service ACI Speedpay, including new digital-payment options for auto, insurance, mortgage, and utility payments. ACI acquired Speedpay earlier this year from The Western Union Co. for $750 million.
- Mobile and online bill-pay service doxo Inc. said its payable-biller directory now exceeds 60,000 entries, up 45% in the past year. More than 3.5 million consumers have paid bills on doxo, the company said.
- Radial, a provider of e-commerce technology services, said it is working with payments provider Klarna to provide installment-credit support to shoppers at Radial merchants.
- In related news, customer-engagement specialist Leanplum said installment-credit provider Afterpay is using its services to improve consumer engagement through data-based personalization.
- Brex Inc., a provider of corporate card and rewards programs for businesses, announced a $200-million line of credit from Credit Suisse to support the expansion of its e-commerce service.
As merchants and their technology partners continue to develop technology to ditch the familiar checkout, …