- Perk Labs Inc. announced an agreement with Alipay that will enable Alipay users to make payments on the Perk platform.
- EVO Payments Inc. said it will offer the Nexgo Inc. N5 Android smart point-of-sale terminal.
- Certemy Inc., a professional certification and licensing management platform, introduced new payment gateway options, including Stripe Inc., PayPal Holdings Inc., and Square Inc. services.
- Card-issuing platform Marqeta Inc. said it will support installment-payment provider Afterpay.
- British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. said it will install PIN pads at its terminals by month’s end, enabling customers to use debit cards for vehicle and foot-traffic fares. BC Ferries, which already accepts credit cards, said the PIN pads also will facilitate contactless debit and credit card payments. The pads will be installed at minor terminals first, then at terminals connecting metro Vancouver with Vancouver Island.
- The United Kingdom’s Petrol Retailers Association appealed to the government’s Competition and Markets Authority to intervene in the ATM market, saying free-to-use ATMs at small businesses are being pulled in the face of declining cash usage and reduced interchange fees being paid to ATM owners through the Link ATM network. “There are around 3,750 ATMs at petrol filling stations, with 67% currently being free-to-use, but this is set to fall dramatically,” the PRA said, adding that reduced access to cash will hit low-income households and rural areas hardest.
- Fidelity National Information Services Inc. launched a 3D Secure authentication service in advance of upcoming regulations in the European Union and the United Kingdom to deploy strong customer authentication technology. FIS’s 3DS Flex service relies on technology from Worldpay, which FIS acquired last year.
- Processor Computer Services Inc. has appointed veteran CSI executive Gio Mastronardi group president of enterprise banking.
As consumers’ comfort level with online sports betting grows, a quick and frictionless payout of …