- Paysafe Group said it has expanded its Knect loyalty program for its Skrill digital wallet to the U.S. market. The program offers points that can be redeemed for cash when users perform transactions using the digital wallet or a linked Skrill Visa prepaid card. Last week, Paysafe launched its Skrill Money Transfer service in the United States.
- The volume of credit card payments for rent in the U.S. multifamily housing market ballooned 58% between February and May in response to the onset of Covid-19, according to data from MRI Software, a provider of real-estate applications.
- Research by PCI Pal indicates 64% of Americans and 68% of Canadians would avoid buying for several years from a company that suffered a data breach that relied on deceptions related to the Covid-19 pandemic. The survey canvassed 2,000 consumers in the United States and 500 in Canada.
- Visa Inc. and Mastercard Inc. said their real-time push-payment platforms are helping Facebook Inc.’s WhatsApp platform launch a new peer-to-peer payments service in Brazil. The project includes tokenization technology from both payments networks.
- ATM and kiosk maker Genmega Inc. introduced Vscan, a sanitizing method for keypads that relies on ultra-violet light. The method kills as much as 99% of viruses and bacteria in a single pass, the company says.
With the expiration of a major agreement with PayPal Holdings Inc. just a few days …