- Paysafe Ltd. said it relaunched its U.S. partner program for independent sales organizations, independent software vendors, and financial institutions.
- Anaheim Arena Management, manager of the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., has selected SpotOn Transact Inc.’s Appetize unit to manage all concessions through cloud technology. The move comes in advance of the new National Hockey League season. The stadium is home to the league’s Anaheim Ducks.
- Online grocery platform Instacart announced its acquisition of Caper AI, an artificial intelligence-enabled shopping cart and checkout technology service. Caper uses object-recognition technology to determine items place into a shopping cart and relies on cameras and sensors for smart checkout counters. Terms were not disclosed.
- Birdeye, a platform for listings, reviews, and referrals, launched Birdeye Payments, which enables payments to businesses via text messaging.
- Payments platform Podium appointed former Shopify executive Loren Padelford chief operating officer. More than 100,000 business locations use Podium, up 64% from a year ago.
- The OLB Group Inc., which provides merchant and cryptocurrency services, said its DMint Inc. subsidiary has initiated Bitcoin mining operations.
- Some 53% of respondents said in a survey of 250 chief information security officers that they had been victimized by a ransomware attack in the past year, and 69% said it is likely they will be hit in the coming year, according to a survey from W2 Research, a unit of W2 Communications, digital-marketing firm specializing in cybersecurity.
- POSaBIT Systems Corp., a provider of payments technology for the cannabis industry, released POSaBIT Connect, an application programming interface enabling third-party integrations to POSaBIT products.
- Paloma, a commerce platform for online messaging channels, said its service is now available to merchants using Square Inc.’s marketplace.
- Remitly Global Inc. announced it is working with Novi, a digital wallet provider, on a test of Remitly’s wallet.
- Flow Networks, which works with card issuers and merchants to create promotional programs at the point of sale, appointed Don Kingsborough as an advisor. Kingsborough is the founder of payments provider Blackhawk Network.
The word “block” may have a number of meanings, but for Square Inc. it could …