- Payroc World Access LLC announced the acquisition of Bluestone Payments LLC, an independent sales organization founded by Linda Rossetti. Rossetti will remain Bluestone president and take on the executive vice president, strategic initiatives, role at Payroc. Terms were not disclosed.
- Payments processor Nuvei Corp. said its Nuvei Technologies Inc. unit has been approved by West Virginia’s Lottery Commission to process for sports betting in that state.
- Visa Inc. and the National Football League announced the league’s Super Bowl championship game will feature only cashless transactions, starting with Super Bowl LV in February. Visa is the official payment-services technology partner for the NFL.
- The Albertsons Cos. grocery chain has rolled out an online SNAP EBT payment option at almost 200 Drive Up & Go facilities at Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Tom Thumb, Randalls, Jewel-Osco, and Carrs stores. SNAP is the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- Unattended payments provider USA Technologies Inc. will change its name to Cantaloupe. The name comes from the 2018 purchase of Cantaloupe Systems Inc., a vending industry software provider. USAT said the rebranding signals a “fresh vision and approach to the market, our stakeholders, and shareholders.” USAT recently came out from under regulatory scrutiny involving accounting issues.
- InComm Payments and Mastercard Inc. have launched MastercardGiftCard.com, a Web site that allows consumers to send Mastercard gift cards by email or postal mail.
- PayPal Holdings Inc.’s Xoom money-transfer app now allows U.S. users to send money directly to a recipient’s bank account or debit card, the service said.
- With more consumers ordering online during the Covid-19 pandemic, user frustration is mounting, according to research from the Fast Identity Online (FIDO) Alliance. Some 58% of U.S. consumers have abandoned transactions because of password problems, according to the FIDO survey of 1,000 users.
- Coro Global Inc., whose app uses blockchain technology to ease the use of gold for everyday transactions, said its Coro Corp. unit has gained money-transmitter licenses in Georgia, Rhode Island, and South Dakota, bringing to 17 the number of states, plus the District of Columbia, that have authorized Coro.
- Chargeback-management firm Chargeback Gurus released an online guide with updated information on rules and guidelines from the card networks.
- Some 88% of Baby Boomers agree that technology such as contactless payments and online ordering have “helped” them during the pandemic, only three points lower than the percentage of younger generations saying so, according to a survey from Mobiquity.
- E-commerce sales rose 56.1% year-over-year in October, according to Mastercard Inc.’s SpendingPulse service.
Payments provider Pineapple Payments announced Friday it has acquired 1st Payment Systems, a provider of private-label …