- Parking-payments app provider ParkMobile LLC announced it has added more than 100 new markets, including cities and universities, through its integration with Google Maps and Google Pay. The two companies announced the integration a year ago.
- KeyBank National Association said it has acquired XUP Payments, a digital payments platform focused on business-to-business transactions. Terms were not announced.
- Benedictine University has become the first institution of higher learning in Illinois to allow faculty, students, and staff to use their ID cards in a smart phone or wearable device to access campus buildings and purchase meals. The technology comes from Transact Campus.
- The billing and payments platform Chargezoom announced an integration with the FreshBooks accounting software, allowing users that select Chargezoom for payments integration to select from a wide array of payments providers, including Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- Fiserv Inc., in conjunction with Javelin Strategy & Research, released its “Real-Time Payments: An Urgent Priority for Financial Institutions” white paper.
- Klear Technologies Inc., a provider of authentication technology for payments, has named industry veteran Donna Embry president and chief operating officer. Embry most recently was an executive with Evolve Bank & Trust.
- The Retail Solutions Providers Association announced John Kirk, its president and chief executive, will leave RSPA in January. He’ll be replaced by Jim Roddy, currently RSPA vice president of marketing. Kirk held the positions for four years. Roddy has worked with the RSPA since 2007 and was named to his current position in 2019.
Merchant satisfaction with payment processors has dwindled in the past year, as sellers cope with …