- Nuvei Corp. said it received a sports betting vendor license in Colorado, enabling it to process payments there for regulated sports betting sites and apps.
- Mastercard Inc. and ACI Worldwide Inc. said they will collaborate to support real-time payments capabilities, initially for central banks, payments networks, financial institutions, and payments providers.
- To help businesses combat online fraud, JPMorgan Chase & Co. said it has launched Fraud Protection Services, a digital hub featuring tools including ACH debit block, check protection, check monitoring, and other services.
- Card-issuing platform Marqeta released its Tokenization-as-a-Service product that enables card issuers, even those not using the Marqeta platform, to use tokenization to provision cards to mobile wallets. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is one of the first to use the service.
- RentMoola Payment Solutions Inc. will provide payments services to landlords who are clients of UR Concierge Services Inc. under a new agreement. UR serves 200 landlords and 170 large condo owners.
- Processor PayMyTuition launched Payment Wheel, a set of technologies aimed at allowing Canadian educational institutions to ease domestic and cross-border tuition transfers.
- AeroPay, a fintech that provides digital-payment services to the cannabis industry, said it closed a seed funding round that it will use to add staff, improve its product, and expand. AeroPay did not say how much was raised.
- Payroc LLC said its affiliate invested an undisclosed amount it called a minority investment in RunSignup Inc., a platform for fundraising and endurance events. RunSignup also will use Payroc as a preferred payment processor.
- As divorce rates rise during the pandemic, SupportPay said it has closed an oversubscribed $800,000 funding round led by Comeback Capital and Launch Accelerator. SupportPay’s app allows divorced and separated parents to manage child support and share expenses.
- Business-to-business payments startup BluePenguin Payments Inc. said it is expanding its reliance on technology services from Galileo Financial Technologies Inc. as the pandemic forces businesses to make major changes in operations.
- IAA Inc., a digital marketplace linking buyers with sellers of automobiles, said PayPal Holdings Inc. will support online payments for vehicle purchases, registration, fees, and vehicle transportation.
Digital bill payment has become table stakes for billers as consumers have increasingly gravitated toward …