- NCR Corp. confirmed it is the party that has made a $39-per-share cash offer to acquire international ATM network operator Cardtronics plc. The last-minute bid trumps a previous, $35-per-share offer from investment firms Hudson Executive Capital and Apollo Global Management.
- Citizens Financial Group Inc. said it has expanded the reach of its point-of-sale financing product, Citizens Pay, beyond consumer-electronics stores to include health-and-fitness retailers, home-improvement contractors, and educational products and services.
- Fiserv Inc. announced an agreement with Capital One Corp. that will bring more than 1,500 Capital One ATMs to Fiserv’s MoneyPass network, which claims 34,000 machines nationwide.
- EVO Payments Inc. added Datacap Systems’ NETePay Hosted and TranCloud applications to its suite of payments products.
- Payments provider SafetyPay announced its digital wallet will work with LATAM Airlines Group S.A. to process cash payments, bank transfers, and card transactions for LATAM customers.
- Coro Global Inc., whose app allows users to make payments with gold holdings via distributed-ledger technology, appointed David Dorr director, chief executive, and president, succeeding J. Mark Goode, who led the company through its launch and regulatory approvals. Co-founder Brian Dorr, David Dorr’s brother, has been appointed director and chief operating officer, succeeding Niquana Noel. Both Dorrs are co-founders of Dorr Asset Management.
Faster-payment volume soared 88% on the nation’s automated clearing house network in the year’s first …