- NCR Corp. said it acquired Freshop, a grocery e-commerce services provider. Terms were not disclosed. NCR estimates that buy online, pick up in store shopping will increase 25% per year through 2025.
- Payment Alliance International said it acquired the ATM portfolio of B & B Music & Video, consisting of 580 company-owned and 120 merchant-owned machines. Terms were not disclosed. B & B is a coin-operated entertainment business.
- Buy now, pay later provider Uplift said it secured a $68 million line of credit from Atalaya Capital Management. Uplift specializes in the travel industry. It will use the funding to extend financing to customers.
- Business software provider Thryv Inc. said its ThryvPay service for small businesses, launched in October, passed $2 million in volume in its first two months of operation, on 6,100 transactions. ThryvPay expects to sign 900 merchants within 90 days of the launch and has added a pay-by-text-message capability.
- Payments processor Computer Services Inc. said its revenue of $72.8 million for its fiscal 2021 third quarter ending Nov. 30 was 1% more than the $72.1 million reported a year ago. Net income for the quarter was $13.5 million, a 12.5% increase from $12 million a year prior.
- A survey from payments provider daVinci Payments indicates shopping behavior for men and women is growing more and more alike. More than two-thirds of both genders do most of their online shopping on a mobile device, while both also prefer virtual and prepaid cards as a reward.
- Mobile commerce and the market for wearables technology are expected to drive growth for near-field communication technology worldwide, with sales increasing from $18 billion to $34.9 billion between 2020 and 2025, for a compound annual growth rate of 14.2%, according to a report from ResearchAndMarkets.
- Bluefin Payment Systems LLC announced it achieved certification to the PCI point-to-point encryption 3.0 standard.
- Mercator Advisory Group released its “2020 North American PaymentsInsights: Debit-Continued Change” report that found 70% of surveyed consumers used a person-to-person payments service in 2020.
As consumers’ comfort level with online sports betting grows, a quick and frictionless payout of …