- MoneyGram International Inc. reached an agreement with Lulu Money in which consumers in Hong Kong can send or receive money at any Lulu Money location and also link to the MoneyGram network.
- In related news, MoneyGram and PayMaya, a payments provider in the Philippines, have agreed to launch a service that will allow persons in the United States to send money to the Philippines through Visa Direct, a real-time service from Visa Inc.
- In a survey conducted in September on behalf of fraud prevention firm Signifyd, 40.3% of consumers admitted they sought a refund from a credit card issuer for a charge that they falsely claimed was fraudulent.
- Blackhawk Networks Inc. said that since March it has delivered $250,000 in relief funds via “hundreds of thousands” of prepaid and gift cards to persons affected by Covid-19. The service was provided on behalf of nonprofit and government agencies globally.
- The city of Topeka, Kan., has selected a mobile-parking app from Passport Parking Inc. to allow citizens to make mobile payments at more than 1,200 metered spaces.
- Century Business Solutions released an integrated application for Salesforce CRM that enables users to process card payments in the software.
- Cross-border payments provider Veem named Jeff Revoy chief business officer and Travis Green vice president of product management. Revoy previously worked at SpaceIQ, which WeWork purchased in 2019. Green’s experience includes stints at Google, Lyft, and Vacasa.
Payments industry veterans Will Graylin and George Wallner launched a fundraising campaign on Indiegogo for OV Valet, …