- Online spending in May totaled $78.8 billion, more than $1 billion above April, said Adobe Inc. in its Adobe Digital Price Index.
- E-commerce platform WooCommerce said it has enhanced its card reader to add the ability for merchants to enter an order in the WooCommerce mobile app and automatically synchronize inventory between in-person and online orders.
- BentoBox, a marketing and commerce platform for restaurants, launched BentoBox Payments to combine payments with order taking and management. Acquired by Fiserv Inc. last year, Bentobox said its Payments service is integrated with Clover, a payments-technology company, also a Fiserv property.
- On average, U.S. households spend roughly $2,003 per month paying bills, up 6% in one year, according to a report from doxo, a bill-payment processor.
- Fiserv said 1,000 banks and credit unions are now using Zelle, the peer-to-peer payment service from Early Warning Services LLC, via the processor.
- AffiniPay, parent company of LawPay, a payments provider for law firms and other professional-services firms, said it will acquire MyCase, a practice-management software company. Terms were not disclosed.
- Payments network Flexa Network Inc. said it will acquire Drop Party, a marketing technology company. Terms were not disclosed.
- Paysafe Ltd. has agreed to provide payment processing to merchants using Apexx Global, a worldwide payments-orchestration platform.
- Euronet Merchant Services, a unit of payments provider Euronet Worldwide, said it will work with payments-technology provider FreedomPay to add payment options for FreedomPay client merchants.
- Tripleseat, an online sales and event management platform, announced its integration with Square. Tripleseat customers who use Square will now be able to accept online payments.
To counter the rising tide of first-party misuse chargebacks, also known as “friendly fraud,” Chargeback …