- Mastercard Inc. is offering some concessions in its bid to win approval from European Union competition authorities for its planned $3.2 billion acquisition of major parts of Denmark-based payment processor Nets Group, Reuters reported.
- California’s Department of Motor Vehicles selected payments provider Forte Payment Systems to oversee the DMV’s e-check verification process.
- Digital-banking technology provider Tyfone Inc. has agreed to be a reseller for payment services from processor Payrailz LLC. Tyfone serves community financial institutions.
- ATM maker Hyosung America said it will make disinfection upgrade kits available this fall for its machines. The kits include a silver ion antimicrobial touchscreen, a silver ion antimicrobial keypad, and violet blue LED sterilization lights.
- The village of Pelham, N.Y., has adopted a mobile app from Passport Labs Inc. for parking payments.
- Travel-industry technology provider Airlines Reporting Corp. announced it has processed more than $1 billion in cash refunds from airlines to U.S. travel agencies because of travel restrictions related to Covid-19. The sum, refunded during the period March 9-July 12, represents a 558% increase compared to the same period last year.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. said it will use card-issuing services from Marqeta Inc. for its virtual card program, starting early next year. The service will enable instant issuance into mobile wallets for the bank’s commercial card clients.
- Installment payments provider Affirm said Herman Miller Retail, which includes Herman Miller, Design Within Reach, and Hay, will offer its payment option. Affirm said more than 6,000 merchants offer its service.
- Commerce services provider Sionic named Erica Burris vice president of strategy and product. Burris previously worked at General Motors Co., where she helped develop various in-car commerce products.
- Fintech company Alacriti said it joined the U.S. Faster Payments Council.
The Zelle peer-to-peer payment network handled $106 billion in volume in the first quarter on 392 million …