- Buy now, pay later provider Klarna AB said its service is now included in Viva Wallet, a European payment platform. Klarna says it serves 150 million active users globally, conducting 2 million daily transactions.
- In the wake of the implosion of cryptocurrency exchange FTX, Silvergate Capital Corp. said FTX’s deposits at the bank totaled $11.9 billion as of Sept. 30, or less than 10% of the total. Silvergate has no other relationship with FTX, the bank said. One of the biggest crypto exchanges, FTX on Friday filed for bankruptcy. Silvergate early this year acquired the assets of Diem Group, a digital-currency venture that operated what was formerly known as the Libra network, an initiative spearheaded by Meta Platforms Inc.(formerly Facebook Inc.).
- Payments technology provider Brightwell announced its cross-border payments service ReadyRemit, which uses technology from The Bancorp Bank N.A. and Mastercard Inc.
- Klarpay AG, a Swiss fintech offering online businesses access to multicurrency accounts, said it now enables online merchants and marketplaces to receive and disburse U.S. dollars and British pounds globally via a Klarpay account.
- ThetaRay said foreign-exchange specialist Travelex Bank in Brazil has adopted ThetaRay’s Sonar anti-money-laundering platform for domestic and international transaction monitoring.
- MoneyGram International Inc. announced it is working with Bahrain-based financial app Beyon Money to allow app users to send money in near-real time to more than 200 countries and territories. Beyon Money is part of Batelco, a telecom company.
Clickatell, a U.S. provider of mobile commerce and messaging solutions, announced late Thursday it is …