- Jared Isaacman, founder and chief executive of Shift4 Payments Inc. and an experienced pilot, will command Inspiration4, the world’s first civilian space flight, scheduled for the fourth quarter and mounted in collaboration with SpaceX. Isaacman is also donating $100 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which will have two representatives on the flight crew.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp. said it will issue a private-label rewards card for the approximately 22 million members of Famous Footwear’s loyalty program. The chain operates more than 900 stores in the United States and Canada.
- Volante Technologies, a provider of cloud-based payments processing and financial-messaging technology, announced it will participate in an upcoming pilot of the Federal Reserve’s FedNow real-time payments platform. It is one of about a dozen processors that have enrolled in the pilot, along with an approximately 100 financial institutions.
- Frontsteps, a software developer for homeowners’ associations, launched a homeowner mobile app with features including viewing balances and making payments.
- The U.S. Payments Forum, a cross-industry trade group aimed at supporting new and emerging payments technology, named the members of its 2021 Steering Committee, including representatives from the Shazam EFT network, Best Buy, Jack Henry & Associates, and B2 Payments Solutions.
Just over a year after transaction volume in many merchant segments flatlined due to the …