- ICBA Bancard, the payment services subsidiary of the Independent Community Bankers of America, said it now offers real-time payments via Finzly, a fintech, and its connection to The Clearing House Payments Co. LLC’s Real Time Payments network.
- Mastercard Inc. and Major League Baseball announced a multiyear extension of their sponsorship deal. Mastercard also said it is working with MLB venue operators to add contactless and cashless payment options to their locations.
- Accounts payable services provider AvidXchange said it has acquired FastPay, a payments automation provider for media companies. Terms were not disclosed.
- Wirex, a blockchain platform for digital currencies, said it has added 15 new coins in the past month and has attracted $10 million in funds for its new X-Accounts, which allow users to earn interest. Some 12,000 X-Accounts have been opened so far.
- In related news, Currencyworks, a developer of blockchain platforms for digital currencies, announced an offering of common stock and warrants expected to generate $3.75 million in funding.
- Deliverend, a delivery-logistics company, has teamed with Perfit LLC, a platform for marketplaces, to enable same-day delivery of e-commerce purchases from multiple stores.
As they have for rival Visa Inc., transaction volumes are continuing to improve for Mastercard …