- i3 Verticals Inc. completed its $52.7 million acquisition of Pace Payment Systems Inc. Pace specializes in selling payments services in the public and education sectors.
- Avis Car Rental, a unit of Avis Budget Group Inc., launched a split-payment feature in its mobile app. Called Split My Bill, the feature enables renters to split car-rental payments between two different credit cards or forms of payment.
- WorldRemit, which specializes in online and mobile remittances for migrant workers sending money home, raised $175 million in a Series D funding round.
- Prepaid card services provider InComm Inc. said it acquired Hallmark Business Connections, a business-to-business subsidiary of Hallmark Cards Inc. that provides incentive programs for employees centered on physical and digital gift cards. Terms were not disclosed.
- The Western Union Co. said it is working with Temple University Japan Campus to allow students to pay tuition and expenses.
- Payments company JCB International Co. Ltd. launched JCB Web API Service, an application programming interface for acquirers to authorize and clear transactions with the security protocols 3D Secure 1.0 and 2.0. The API service relies on the UP eCommerce Payments technology from ACI Worldwide.
- Acquirer Credorax launched Smart 3D Secure, its implementation of the 3D Secure 2.0 protocol.
- Eighty-one percent of more than 6,000 consumers surveyed for the “Lost in Transaction: The end of Risk?” report released by Paysafe Group said they still favor passwords for making online payments because of concerns about the security of new biometric options.
- Fraud-prevention specialist Featurespace launched its Adaptive Behavioral Biometrics product, which uses in-session behavioral digital data to detect and prevent fraud during customer onboarding and digital sessions.
- PayPal Holdings Inc. unveiled its PayPal Commerce Platform, an updated service formerly known as PayPal for Partners that offers a variety of options for payment processing, data security, regulatory compliance, and other functions.
- Advanced Mobile Payment Inc. (AMP), a provider of smart terminals and payment services, said it has teamed up with loyalty platform provider vPromos Inc. to offer a card-linked rewards service that integrates with the payment flow on AMP 8000 and 8200 smart terminals and eliminates the need for loyalty cards.
- Yoyo Wallet Ltd. appointed David Yates as chairman of its board of directors. Yates previously worked at Mastercard Inc., Vocalink, which Mastercard acquired in 2017, Western Union, Worldpay, private-equity firm Advent International, and First Data Corp.
NCR Corp. entered into a definitive agreement Monday to acquire ATM network operator Cardtronics plc …