- Days after Nxgen and Payscape announced they were merging with a third payments provider, BluePay Canada, the new entity said it has agreed to combine with a fourth company, Payroc LLC, and adopt the Payroc name. James Oberman, Payroc’s chief executive, will serve as CEO of the merged entity.
- Discover Financial Services said it now offers its cardholders the Zelle person-to-person payments service online and on its mobile app.
- Mastercard Inc. announced its Mastercard Healthcare Solutions, a suite of products for health-care providers to detect fraud and waste, protect patient data, and generate more revenue. The company also announced new services for fintechs, access by small-business cardholders to Microsoft Corp. productivity apps, and its collaboration with Envisible, a provider of tracking services in the food-supply chain that will use Mastercard blockchain services.
- Processor FreedomPay Inc. said Barclays Bank’s U.S. consumer unit, issuer of the Philadelphia Eagles Extra Points cobranded credit card, will test FreedomPay’s proprietary DecisionPoint Network to promote the card to Eagles fans at the point of sale.
- Equinox Payments said the PCI Security Standards Council approved its Luxe 8500i and Luxe 6200m payment terminals and its remote key-injection system. The terminals are certified as part of the Fiserv Inc./First Data TransArmor P2P Solution—3DES service.
- Marketing-services provider Cardlytics Inc. released its annual review of holiday spending trends, which notes that last year nearly 40% of holiday spending occurred in the four weeks leading up to Black Friday.
- Prepaid card services provider National Gift Card rebranded itself as NGC.
Strange times. Seemingly overnight, one of the most durable and heavily weighted key performance indicators …