- Fitli, an independent software provider for fitness professionals, has selected Usio Inc. for payments processing.
- Prepaid card specialist Blackhawk Network has agreed to launch “Gift Card Malls” inside airport and casino shops operated by WH Smith North America.
- Three unnamed central banks are testing a method from international money-transfer platform Swift to enable interoperability among central bank digital currencies (CBDCs). Some 30 financial institutions are also “experimenting” with the method, Swift says.
- Some 75% of consumers said they’d agree to “more checks and delays in transactions” if the methods brought more protections against fraud, while 80% were willing to submit to biometric authentication technologies, according to a year-end 2022 survey of 13,500 consumers in the United States, United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Canada, Brazil, the United Arab Emirates, and South Africa. The research, released Wednesday, was sponsored by SAS, a developer of artificial-intelligence software.
- Payments provider Episode Six has launched Business Now, Pay Later, aimed at banks looking to serve the capital needs of small and medium-size commercial clients.
- Cubic Transportation Systems said it has installed its cloud-based, contactless fare-payment system for public transit in Canada’s Sault Ste. Marie.
Holiday shoppers are projected to spend a record $12 billion to 12.4 billion online on …