- Money-transfer specialist and ATM operator Euronet Worldwide Inc. reported 27.4 million money-transfer transactions in the first quarter of 2020, up 3% from 26.6 million a year ago. Euronet said its ATM count of 42,176 at the end of the quarter is up from 42,034 last year. The company just acquired Dolphin Debit, a U.S. ATM outsourcer.
- Installment-payments provider Splitit Payments Ltd. said the number of merchants using the service increased 20% in the first quarter, compared to the 2019 fourth quarter. Though it provided no absolute numbers, Splitit said its merchant sales volume increased 152% in April from March.
- Processor ACI Worldwide announced a series of card-management tools it is making available in the face of the Covid-19 outbreak, including an installment-payment option for one-time purchases, a payments holiday on interest and penalties, a bypass on card expiration dates, and virtual cards.
- Declaring that a “golden age of contactless payments is upon us,” stock-market news site Motley Fool says consumers’ aversion to touching anything at the point of sale should benefit the stocks of Visa Inc., PayPal Holdings Inc., and Global Payments Inc.
- 7-Eleven Inc. added Postmates, DoorDash and Google as third-party delivery platforms available nationally. Texas customers also can use Favor Delivery. The convenience-store chain also operates its own delivery app, 7Now.
- Paytronix Systems Inc., provider of loyalty, prepaid, order-and-delivery, and other technology-based services for retailers and restaurants, secured $10 million in a funding round led by Great Hill Partners and the company’s cofounders.
- Payments provider Checkout.com announced it is joining the Libra Association, the governing body for the Libra cryptocurrency project. It is the latest company to join since Shopify Inc.
Discover Financial Services reported mixed results Thursday for the fourth quarter of 2020. Despite a …