- Money-transfer specialist and ATM operator Euronet Worldwide Inc. reported 27.4 million money-transfer transactions in the first quarter of 2020, up 3% from 26.6 million a year ago. Euronet said its ATM count of 42,176 at the end of the quarter is up from 42,034 last year. The company just acquired Dolphin Debit, a U.S. ATM outsourcer.
- Installment-payments provider Splitit Payments Ltd. said the number of merchants using the service increased 20% in the first quarter, compared to the 2019 fourth quarter. Though it provided no absolute numbers, Splitit said its merchant sales volume increased 152% in April from March.
- Processor ACI Worldwide announced a series of card-management tools it is making available in the face of the Covid-19 outbreak, including an installment-payment option for one-time purchases, a payments holiday on interest and penalties, a bypass on card expiration dates, and virtual cards.
- Declaring that a “golden age of contactless payments is upon us,” stock-market news site Motley Fool says consumers’ aversion to touching anything at the point of sale should benefit the stocks of Visa Inc., PayPal Holdings Inc., and Global Payments Inc.
- 7-Eleven Inc. added Postmates, DoorDash and Google as third-party delivery platforms available nationally. Texas customers also can use Favor Delivery. The convenience-store chain also operates its own delivery app, 7Now.
- Paytronix Systems Inc., provider of loyalty, prepaid, order-and-delivery, and other technology-based services for retailers and restaurants, secured $10 million in a funding round led by Great Hill Partners and the company’s cofounders.
- Payments provider Checkout.com announced it is joining the Libra Association, the governing body for the Libra cryptocurrency project. It is the latest company to join since Shopify Inc.
A group of 16 European banks said they plan to launch a “truly European” unified payments system …