- Mastercard Inc. launched Cyber Front, a platform aimed at helping businesses and governments combat online intrusions through the simulation and assessment of cyber attacks.
- MoneyGram International Inc. said its shareholders have approved a previously announced, $1.8-billion acquisition by private-equity firm Madison Dearborn Partners LLC. The merger is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
- Invoicing-software provider Paymo launched PM Payments, aimed at allowing freelancers and other small and midsize companies to deliver invoices and receive payments via credit card or automated clearing house.
- AppTech Payments Corp., a payments-technology provider, said it has closed on its acquisition of Hothand Inc., a patent holding company whose assets include rights to patents covering geofence-based e-commerce and advertising via mobile devices. Terms were not announced.
- Accounting-software provider Sage introduced Sage Intacct 2022 Release 2, which includes support for auto-renewing subscriptions.
To counter the rising tide of first-party misuse chargebacks, also known as “friendly fraud,” Chargeback …