- Discover Global Network signed an agreement with Credit Mutuel Arkea to allow Arkea Group merchants in France and Europe to accept Discover, Diners Club International, and allied issuers’ transactions.
- Ingenico Group’s e-commerce division, Ingenico ePayments, said it will provide payments services to Yoozoo Games, a game development and distribution company.
- Barclaycard, a unit of Barclays Bank Plc, said point-of-sale system provider TouchBistro will use its services that will eliminate the need for U.K. restaurant users to manually calculate and input payment information when splitting bills or adding a gratuity.
- Automated clearing house network governing body Nacha this week launched a marketing campaign to promote direct deposits.
- Premera Blue Cross agreed to pay $32 million to resolve litigation stemming from a 2014 data breach. The firm also agreed to guarantee a minimum of $42 million to fund its information-security program over three years. The deal has not yet been approved by the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon.
- Mercator Advisory Group released its “The Evolution of U.S. Payroll Cards in the 21st Century” report.
- The final version of Special Publication 1800-17, “Multifactor Authentication for E-Commerce,” has been released by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
With real-time payments comes real-time risk, and now banks and their technology vendors are attacking …