- For the week ending Sept. 27, debit card use was up 4.2% at restaurants, not including fast food, and credit card use was down 16.9% compared to the week ending Sept. 29, 2019, according to the Tracking Transaction Trends report from PSCU, a credit union service organization. Debit card use was up 10.8% at fast food restaurants, while credit card use increased 1.4%.
- E-commerce services provider CommerceHub released its Covid-19 Consumer Retail Trends: 6 Months Later report that found nearly 85% of consumers have some level of reservation about shopping in-store.
- FIS Inc. released its annual study of real-time payments around the world. More than 130 U.S. financial institutions are implementing real-time payments, a five-fold increase since Sept. 2019, FIS said.
- Payments provider ACI Worldwide Inc. said it will integrate its ACI Speedpay service into a loan-management platform from GoldPoint Systems. The integration will enable loan payments and disbursement of loan proceeds via a debit card.
- American Express Co. said it will open its 13th Centurion Lounge “in the coming days.” The new lounge will open at John F. Kennedy Airport, and, at more than 15,000 square feet, will be the largest yet, AmEx said.
- Identity-technology provider Idemia launched its Fintech Accelerator Card Program, aimed at helping fintechs issue payment cards.
- Banking-technology provider Finastra launched Fusion Payments To Go, aimed at supporting small institutions looking to launch domestic and cross-border payments in the United States, Europe, and South Africa.
Peer-to-peer transactions have taken off as a way to pay digitally during the pandemic, and …