- Growing numbers of consumers continue to grab their debit cards when shopping, with the overall U.S. spend made with debit cards up 25% for the week ending Jan. 17, compared to the week of Jan. 19, 2020, according to the PSCU Tracking Transaction Trends report issued Monday. Credit card spend was up 4% for the same period. PSCU is a credit union service organization.
- Fiserv Inc. said it has closed on its previously announced acquisition of payments provider Ondot Systems Inc. Terms were not announced.
- Buy now, pay later firm Splitit said it will offer its service to customers of retail brands supported by e-commerce provider THG plc.
- Payments gateway Cardknox Development Inc. said it has added Google Pay to its array of supported payment methods.
- Atlantic Pacific Processing Systems said it now processes payments for the University of Phoenix.
- Developer Licel announced its DexProtector application, which protects mobile payment apps from fraud attacks, has been certified by EMVCo, the standards body owned by the five major global payment card brands.
- MagicCube Inc. said it is the first startup to be appointed to the board of advisors at the PCI Security Standards Council. The company develops technology to enable ordinary smart phones to process card transactions.
- Payments provider Usio Inc. announced it has agreed to be the exclusive provider of automated clearing house payment services to Voyager Digital Holdings LLC, a cryptocurrency broker.
Shift4 Payments Inc. refers to the volume potential it’s trying to tap as a “coiled …